BDS raises the bar once again with new 5.5" Performance Coilover Systems for the 2015-2017 Colorado/Canyon. Designed around the tried-and-true steering knuckle and crossmember technology, these kits provide enough lift fit 33" tires while maintaining the OE suspension geometry for smooth handling and ride characteristics. Along with the rugged, high clearance design to maximize ground clearance, this new system has passed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No.126 and has been independently certified to not adversely affect the vehicles factory installed electronic stability control system with the lift installed. That combined with BDS No Fine Print Warranty and a 5-year 60,000-mile drivetrain warranty gives you the peace of mind wherever and however you use and abuse your truck.
This system uses a pair of heavy duty 1/4" steel high clearance crossmembers to reposition the lower control arms and work in unison with the massive ductile cast iron extended steering knuckles. The crossmembers utilize the factory alignment eccentrics and tie together with a full-width skid plate. The skid plate protects vital front end components for offroad use and ties the crossmembers together for an extremely rigid sub-frame. The front differential is relocated to keep CV axle angles at a minimum and function properly with the supplied transfer case indexing ring. This allows for the use of the factory front driveline once lifted. Front bump stop extension and sway bar links are included as well as new heavy duty Moog tie rod ends to properly set alignment without trimming the inner tie rods.
In place of the factory struts this system uses precision tuned FOX 2.5 remote reservoir coil-overs to achieve superior on and offroad performance. The included Fox 2.5 Coil-Overs can also be upgraded to the DSC (dual speed compression) adjuster equipped coil-overs (more info below) for the ability to perfectly fine tune the ride quality and handling of your Fox coil-overs.
Finishing off this new 5.5" coilover system, a 4" rear block/u-bolt kit sets the new ride height and levels the stance. Specially tuned FOX 2.0 series IFP gas shocks are supplied to compliment the front coilovers and improve the Colorado/Canyon's performance on or offroad.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology
The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
Everest Installation Includes:
- Installation of lift
- Installation of traction bars (If selected)
- Headlight adjustment
PLEASE CALL WITH QUESTIONS
We encourage you to call and speak with one our Everest specialists if you have any questions. We are always glad to help you with your purchase!
5.5" GM BDS Coilover Lift Kit (15-17 Canyon/Colorado)
- Inner fender trimming is required.
- Minor welding is required.
- Electronic assisted power steering system is sensitive to out of round, unbalanced, and more aggressive tread pattern tires. High speed steering wheel feedback can occur.
- Actual ride height on C/O kits is closer to 6'' of lift.
- Stock 17" & 18" wheels can not be reinstalled with the lift kit. Aftermarket 20" wheels with maximum of 5.25" Backspacing are recommended - certain wheel and tire combinations will require weld on steering stops, these are included in the kit. See end of inst. sheet for details on installation.
- Will not fit ZR2 Models.
All BDS Suspension lift kits come with the security of knowing you purchased the finest lift kit in the aftermarket suspension industry. We back our commitment to engineering reliable, quality 4x4 off-road Jeep and truck suspension products with our unique "No BS Hardcore Lifetime Warranty".
If you are the original purchaser of any BDS lift kit and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.