Through a collaborative effort between BDS Suspension and Fox Racing, BDS now offers this 6" Chevy/GMC 1500 4WD suspension system featuring Fox 2.5" coil-over remote reservoir shocks. This system has been rigorously tested to maximize travel and performance on and off the pavement.
The unique BDS High Clearance design is a true blend of performance, appearance, and function.The suspension geometry of this 6" lift kit creates a factory style ride with a desert racing appearance. The black powdercoated high arched crossmembers blend perfectly with the angle of the factory installed lower control arms for a completely integrated look while lifting your vehicle a full 6" and increasing ground clearance at the front crossmember by 91%.
This comprehensive IFS lift kit includes ductile steering knuckles correcting steering geometry to O.E. angles and BDS by Fox 2.5" remote resevoir coil-over shocks for maxiumum performance and killer looks. For those seeking additional coil-over compression tunability, Fox's DSC (dual speed compression) adjuster coil-overs are available as an upgrade (more DSC info below). A heavy-duty front differential skid plate is included for off road protection.
Nothing complements this BDS Suspension better than the race proven design of Fox 2.5" remote reservoir coil-over front shocks. These have been specifically engineered to fit the BDS Suspension system and feature an external reservoir for increased oil cooling capacity and nitrogen volume for a more consistent and comfortable ride. These have also been pre-set by BDS to the correct ride height for an easy installation, but can also be fined tuned to your liking.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology
The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
Rear Lift Selection
5" Block Kit
This system comes with a 5" rear block to replace the factory 1-1/4" block and net 4" of rear lift to level the vehicle. Crew cab trucks using block kit are reccommended to use add-a-leaf (BDS Add-A-Leaf) to help give truck level/tail high stance.
BDS Glide-Ride Lifted Leaf Springs
BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs will reduce axle wrap and create a more controlled and stable feel when towing. These springs are covered by the BDS No Fine Print Warranty.
Traction Bar Selection
Fixed Traction Bars
Reduce rear pinion angle change commonly referred to as axle wrap during acceleration with these BDS heavy-duty traction bars. Tubular design for good looks as well as serious axle control. Parts come finished in black powdercoat.
BDS Suspension's revolutionary spring loaded, full-floating RECOIL traction bar system is engineered to improve traction and limit axle wrap without limiting suspension travel or decreasing ride quality. BDS RECOIL traction bars offer you the freedom to tune the spring tension for optimal performance on-road, off-road, towing, or competition pulling. These traction bars can be used on stock height or lifted trucks and work with both lift blocks and replacement leaf spring kits. Join the revolution with the next generation RECOIL traction bars from BDS Suspension.
Everest Installation Includes:
- Installation of lift
- Installation of traction bars (If selected)
- Headlight adjustment
PLEASE CALL WITH QUESTIONS
We encourage you to call and speak with one our Everest specialists if you have any questions. We are always glad to help you with your purchase!
6" BDS Coil-Over Lift Kit 2014-18 Chevy/GMC 1500 4WD
- *IMPORTANT*: GM is producing several knuckle/control arm configurations in 2014-2017 models trucks. Cast Steel control arm equipped models will require the "Cast Steel Control Arm" kit. Stamped Steel and Aluminum control arm equipped models will require the "Aluminum Control Arm" kit. Be sure to verify which factory control arms your truck has before ordering.
- Strut compressor required
- Requires frame bracket modification
- Requires differential modification to clear electric power steering
- Trimming may be required for tire clearance due to variation between tire brands.
- Will not fit MagneRide magnetic ride control equipped models
- Factory 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference
- If choosing the 5" rear block option, add-a-leaf # 111209 is recommended for a more level/tail high stance on crew cab models.
All BDS Suspension lift kits come with the security of knowing you purchased the finest lift kit in the aftermarket suspension industry. We back our commitment to engineering reliable, quality 4x4 off-road Jeep and truck suspension products with our unique "No BS Hardcore Lifetime Warranty".
If you are the original purchaser of any BDS lift kit and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.